Children Classes (ages 4 to 10)
At HTA Martial Arts Academy, we realize that although the ability to defend ourselves is important, there are many additional benefits to a martial arts program. Our unique method of training is fun and is designed to:
- Instill a positive attitude
- Build confidence and self-esteem
- Teach the importance of strong values and good character
- Promote the desire to learn
- Improve concentration
- Improve effort and motivation
- Teach self-discipline
- Promote Teamwork
- Instill RESPECT for themselves and others
By embodying these principles in our classes, the HTA Martial Arts Academy team has made a strong commitment to today's youth. We offer classes for kids, teens, and adults our youngest students can start at age 3. Our carefully designed programs for children of all ages will improve your child's performance in other sports as well as improving study habits and increasing overall concentration. Through building self-confidence, self-respect, and self-discipline, we are helping young people to deal with the many problems they face growing up in today's world, including drugs, peer pressure, and bullying.
Adult & Teen Classes
At H.T.A. Martial Arts Academy we believe that developing and maintaining a sound body and mind are critical to getting the most out of life. In our adult program you will experience a unique approach to self-defense and exercise that benefits the body AND the mind. To strengthen your body, you will begin with isometric and dynamic tension exercises. Flexibility will be enhanced through a gradual building process of safe and easy stretching techniques. You will find that the breathing and concentration exercises sharpen your senses and reflexes while allowing you to relax from the stress of daily life.
This unique combination of using the power of the body and of the mind is the key to increased energy, self-discipline, and fitness for a longer happier life. These qualities are essential in recognizing and handling self-defense situations, as well as mental stress.
Some of the many benefits to Tae Kwon Do:
- Lose weight and get in shape
- Learn practical self-defense
- Build strong self-confidence
- Gain self-discipline and self-control
- Build mental and physical confidence
- Release stress and anxiety
- Experience new energy for greater success
- Gain greater coordination and flexibility